decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, November 21, 2016

Gobble. Gobble

We had a lovely weekend. The weather was perfection and we not only had a nail-biting Gator victory over LSU on Saturday but a wonderful visit yesterday from my brother and sister-in-law where we threw in a little birthday celebration for my brother as well. The weather was a bit cooler yesterday so it was the day to throw open the windows and cook up a pot of soup! My sister-in-law had mentioned a favorite of hers that I hadn't made in awhile. It is Martha Stewart's Veggie with Vermicelli. It is so good and I couldn't wait to whip up a pot!


Unfortunately, we had so much fun visiting that I never got a picture of the finished product. Just know that it is good and a nice change from the tomato based veggie soups.

Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner, let's finish up the rest of the house today. Welcome to the dining room.












A quick look at the sunroom.




I think I have now shared all of the house highlights. I finished up my shopping and will start cleaning and prepping tomorrow. Even though all of the colors and scents of autumn have been out in my house in some form for the last three months, I will be sad to see them go next weekend. Even though I am ready to start thinking about Christmas, autumn is really my absolute favorite and I am always so sad to pack it all away knowing I won't seen it again until NEXT September...gotta stop wishing my life away.

This was my view from my chair last night  and hopefully for the next few to come.




I will enjoy the next few days with my leaves, pumpkins and turkeys and be ready to get to reds and greens soon after. But first, we get to celebrate our grandson's 9th birthday today...don't know where the time goes! Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment