decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, November 14, 2016

Moving On

We have had a bumpy week with a few more apparently to follow. I am so happy that it is November. The November decor seems to calm me. I love all of the sights and smells of this season. Let's check out the family room.


The mantle is usually the place where I load up all of my faux pumpkins and gourds but this year my gourds are in the dough bowl in the living room so I was at a loss as to what to use here to fill the space. Then, I spied the centerpiece that I saved from daughter #3's donate pile and I love the way it looks. And, when the candles are lit it gives a really pretty glow to the room.






Pretty understated-for me. But, it does feel like Thanksgiving and since we have been doing some hosting, I am not quite ready to forge into Christmas.

Speaking of "hosting", I am loving my youngest daughter's new regime. They call it "2nd Sunday". She and her family come over to help with some of the heavier chores that I can no longer do by myself-or at least "shouldn't do"- and then serve a wonderful dinner. Last night it was chicken and dumplings-which were super delicious-, steamed broccoli and cheddar-apple winter salad. I rounded out the meal by making a chocolate pound cake with salted caramel drizzle. I had seen it made on "The Chew" and all of the hosts went on and on about it to the point of proclaiming it the best thing they had tasted on the show the whole year. I don't think I would go quite that far. It was good but definitely not the best thing I have ever tasted. Plus, I am using Kosher salt these days and I think it made the caramel TOO salted. In any case, we did manage to eat it!



My son-in-law built me some more shelves in a family room cabinet so I am off to fill them with candles. I don't need to tell anyone that knows me that I LOVE candles. I always have them burning in my house and I buy them any time there are good sales. Hence, I have LOTS of candles in storage and I am tired of having to move so many to get to others. Finally decided that life would be easier if I separated them by colors in separate areas. So excited to see if it helps. More Thanksgiving to come. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment