decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Can Spring Be Far Behind?

Our weather has been really perfect of late-warm days, cool evenings and just enough rain to keep everything looking green and beautiful. I am chomping at the bit to get out into the yard for a few days but I wanted to get my Valentine's put away, St. Pat's out and everything put back in its rightful place first.

We did do a bit of goofing off as our Valentine's gift to each other-lunches out and visits to places we don't get to often enough these days. Plus, we hit a few walking trails in this beautiful weather. And, of course, everywhere we went, I looked for spring flowers. I love irises, daffodils, tulips, etc. and I was lucky enough to fill my house with them for the last few weeks.





The hyacinths and stock give the house the most amazing garden fragrance and what the irises and tulips lack in fragrance, they make up for in beauty! I am always a happy camper when these beauties are here for a visit. Even my grand children asked me about the "smell" this weekend.

And so, I have been using the last few days to regroup and somehow have lucked into a happy discovery. I am always striving to be better organized-mainly because it really saves so much time. But, I have LOTS of stuff-mostly seasonal and holiday. And even though I have a fairly large house with a good bit of storage, it never seemed like I had enough room for everything to have its own place. Therefore, I played the "moving" game all of the time-move this to get to that, move that to find this...lots and lots of time wasted moving and looking. But, like serendipity, when I started to get out St. Pat's, I found I had all of the green in one spot and still had lots of empty space for the red to return. I am kind of doing a happy dance right now because I just came in from the garage and everything is in a place by color and there is lots of EMPTY shelf space for the green when it has served its time. I have been wanting this ever since the shelves were built but never achieved it. I truly am not sure how I managed to accomplish it now, but I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Now, I am off to see if I can do the same things with all of my candles...and to head to the garden to dig up some shamrocks for the holiday. Next time I post, I should be ready to start sharing the latest St. Pat's decor and maybe share some craft ideas that I am just beginning to work on. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment