decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, April 24, 2015

Spring Has Sprung

Things were looking pretty bland as we left on our trip. When we returned, we were greeted by this:


The arbor is almost full of roses...


...hydrangeas are starting...


...mock orange...


...blue sky vine-this thing did so well last year and then came back this year even stronger that I ran out and bought another. It is not an inexpensive plant, but worth every dime!


The gardenias are just starting...


...gerberas all coming back...


...as are the day-lilies....


....and the alstroemerias....


....roses...


...jasmine...


...and the pots of petunias. I really expected to come back to a desert as we are only allowed to use our irrigation systems twice a week and where we were, there was NO rain...must have had a few drops here because almost everything looked good!


The only "crop" I am doing this year is a few grape tomato plants-and I do them in pots right outside the back door where I grow my herbs. When I left, I had just potted these plants. This is what I found when I returned...


...and, if you look very carefully, my crop is on its way. Then I will head over to my daughter's house (where her family is doing a big garden) to pick the rest of my salad!






The kitchen area is more "Tuscan, wine" theme than spring, but this is one of the few times a year that I can use these things, so I do. The baker's rack holds my spring flower dinner ware and green wine glasses.
 

I have had my large Boos cutting board for years and I love it but I always had it put away in a cupboard. I realized that I didn't reach for it as often as I should because it was too difficult to get to so I brought it out. Then, I found the small board on sale at Williams Sonoma and daughter #1 bought me the medium board on her last trip to the Pottery Barn Outlet in Atlanta...a little birdie had told her that I coveted the one daughter #3 bought there on their last trip. I wish I had a higher space to sit these up on the counter but no matter how hard I try, that will just not work so they are here for now but I am thinking of hanging the two smaller boards on the wall near my pizza board...just need to see what my "decorator thinks of that!

More spring to come. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment