decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Poison Ivy

I HATE strongly dislike (cause we're not supposed to use that other word) this stuff! IF it is poison ivy that I once again got into, I am more miserable than I have ever been. I think each time I get it, it is getting worse and worse! This time, it is not only all over my fingers but major blisters on the palms of my hand, up and down my arms and even on my face. I look a mess-hence, I have only left the house in the last 5 days to raid my daughter's garden so we have something to eat. I am afraid if anyone else sees me, they will think I have leprosy -or something.

And so, the reason I am doing so many posts. I am really limited with what I can do with my hands as those pesky blisters hurt! Luckily, I can still hit the keyboard with my infamous 2 finger style...so on we go to the family room in spring! It is a bit overcast today and I am working on only 3 hours sleep, so forgive the quality (or lack thereof) of the pictures!



I enjoy decorating for spring because it gives me an opportunity to use so many of the garden embellishments that I have collected over the years. I am always drawn to fence pieces, plaques and statuary that show their age. Sometimes they will actually be out in the garden and at other times, they make their way into the decor...and, as you know, the rustier the better!




I actually had an "ah-ha" moment. I have been looking for some more large, chunky candle holders of late and have had trouble finding any. When I was putting this vignette together, I wanted a plant of some sort but all of the ones I have were too short. I once again wished I had a few more chunky holders when it hit me...I could take my Southern Living apothecary jars...





...last seen here being used for Easter....and take them apart. They are each in three pieces and I always forget that. When I took off the jar and lid, I had a perfect, chunky candle holder on which to sit a potted plant for this vignette.





I still love using this old dove statue that I bought oh so many years ago in a little garden cottage down in Winter Park. He is sitting in a moss tray that was one of my first purchases from my daughters' online boutique when they just started. I seem to find a way to use it every year.




I only have a room or two more to show you. Hopefully by then I will be back out amongst the living. We do have a pretty busy next few weeks planned so I need to get better soon! I have actually begun looking at what I might be adding to my 4th of July decor while I have been house bound. Since I put that out around the beginning of June, time is moving quickly...and, somehow, spring keeps us even busier than autumn. So many fun things approaching...can't wait! Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment