decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, April 26, 2015

My New Treasures

I love going shopping and hunting for even one new, little treasure. So much fun to bring it home and find just the right place for it. Of course, that usually means moving around other things and before I know it, the day is over!

On our last trip, I made out like a bandit!. My oldest daughter likes to only give gifts that "look like" the recipient. If she sees something months before an occasion, she will pick it up and hold onto it. If the occasion comes, and she still hasn't found anything just right, she will give you an IOU. And, that is exactly what happened last Mother's Day. She wanted me to come down and we would make a trip to Julie's Cottage at Provence in Largo (have I told you before how much we LOVE this place?) and I could pick out what I wanted. It has been a busy year and even though we had made trips down to St. Pete, we never made it to Largo. So, when we were down there last week, we knew we would fit in this trip. And, to hedge her bet, not only did I get my IOU from last Mothers' Day but she decided to "get ahead of the game" and let me pick out this year's gift as well. Woo-hoo!! Did I have fun! Of course, I had to sneak in a few purchases of my own as well.

I have been looking for a new piece for the foyer-mostly so that the piece that I had put there could go back to where it belonged-and looked better- and I could get rid of a piece that I had grown tired of. Every time I thought I might have found something, I changed my mind before purchasing it. I didn't really have a preconceived idea of what it should look like but I knew I wanted it high. And then it happened! We were in another of the little shops in the "Julies" compound and we both saw this table at the same time...and we both knew we wanted it and where it would go. Thankfully, my daughter decided it wouldn't work for her because she wanted a piece with way more storage. I was happy she came to that conclusion because it would have been embarrassing for a mom to have to take down her daughter in the middle of a store!!

And, it was serendipity. I had no way of getting it home in my car but my SIL was driving his truck down on Saturday with two wing back chairs that we were giving to our daughter and could just throw this in on his return trip.




I don't know why I was drawn to this piece, but I was. I have been more than ready to get rid of the large mirror that I had hanging here. Of course, now, I will have to always have something large to hang when the spring wreath comes down, but I figure I probably have that covered...although I am now VERY MUCH REGRETTING not buying the 4th of July wreath that I originally had on my pile at Julies and got talked out of buying. Guess a trip to HL is in my near future! I think I will buy a large grape vine wreath and embellish it with red geraniums. Then, I can simply add in some red, white and blue sparkle for the 4th of July or sunflowers for the summer decor. Keeping my fingers crossed that will work because I don't need any more large items for storing!


So where, you ask, did I put the rest of my goodies?



I love both of these candle holders...they are old and "chippy" looking. I have been looking for more that weren't going to break the bank and these just fit the bill!



I am still always drawn to old pots and urns. This one was perfect because it is smaller than most of the others I have so it can fit in smaller areas while carrying on the theme...and, the fact that it is green is all the better because I can use it so much of the year!


And then there is this beauty! I love mercury glass and I love this amber color-not to mention its size. I thought I would put it away until I brought out the sunflowers for summer but I couldn't help myself. I put it on the table in the sun room so I can smile every time I look at it! Doesn't really go with spring but hey, it's my house!! Try not to judge.

Still more to come. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment