decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Waiting Patiently!

I know I promised that in my next post we would continue on with the late summer decorating tour, but it has been so rainy and dreary lately that it has been hard to get good pictures of the rooms and, quite frankly, I just needed something to perk me up.

We were going to head to Wiregrass for a day, but that is not a place you want to be in the rain as all of the shops are pretty much open to the elements. And, we have had one, two or all three of our daughters and their families here for the last five days. We have loved every minute of having them here but I was feeling some PB withdrawal, so hubby said to order some things out of the latest e-mail-they were offering me 15% off and free shipping so how could I refuse?

And before I knew it, my friendly UPS man was at my doorstep with a big box.


First up are the two new things I ordered for my autumn decor.


I absolutely LOVE this hand painted pumpkin pillow cover. It is 20X20 and can go so many places in my house that I just might have to buy another...or two!






The box held these wonderful pumpkin lights. They are orange mercury glass so I am in heaven! Gotta love anything in mercury glass!


And then - be still my heart - I started this year's Halloween purchases.


First off, this raven pillow. It is just perfect for me because, not only will it be fabulous in my "Poe" living room, but since our last name is Ravn and we have 3 daughters, what could be better? I love it. It too is 20X20 so it has some impact.



And who can live without one more skull - especially if it is mercury glass as well. I love my new treasures and can't wait to be able to use them in my autumn and Halloween decorating!

Next time, on to the family room-I promise! Stay tuned. 



No comments:

Post a Comment