decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 26, 2013

Step Quickly

So I promised you for the last several posts that we would head into the family room next. I am going to keep my promise but we are going to move quickly. First, because there really aren't any "ohhh and ahhh" moments in this room and second, because the sun is actually still shining outside and I am just chomping at the bit to get out there and tackle the yard...or maybe just float in the pool if truth be told!

So with that, please come on in to the late summer decor in the familyroom.







O.K. I admit it! I so jumped the season. It has been so rainy and dreary around here lately that when the big PB box arrived and I saw these mercury glass pumpkin lights, I just HAD to try them out. I love the glow that strings of lights on the mantle bring to the family room in the evenings when we are sitting in there watching TV. This is about the only time of year (except maybe a week or two in January) that there are no lights and I missed the warm glow. I am all about ambiance. I like the pretty niceties when I finally sit down at the end of the day. So, have I justified why I am leaving pumpkins up in July and August? So not like like me!!! But honestly, I love the light so much that I seem to be blocking out the fact that there are PUMPKINS in my family room in the summer and seeing them more as just the "colors" of late summer! Don't judge!!!
 





Now we only have the dining room and a few random shots to go. I have actually started thinking about some larger home projects and maybe some Halloween ideas that I could get started before life gets super hectic again but right now I am just taking a few minutes to enjoy the fact that life is NOT super hectic right this moment. Looking forward to a few days of the mundane-think it will play out that way? Yet to be seen. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment