decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, July 15, 2013

"Let the Sun In"

Even though this is the rainy season in the south eastern U.S., my house always feels sunny with all of the citrus colors and sunflowers popping up everywhere! Come along to the kitchen.


I love it when things like this happen! I had sunflowers in this spot but I had them in an antiqued copper bucket vase. It wasn't my favorite but I was not coming up with anything better. For some reason, I headed to my "summer board" on Pinterest ans saw pretty much this exact arrangement. Hmmmm, let me see. I knew I had the sunflowers, I knew I had left over faux citrus and I knew I had a large, glass jar. And, in a matter of just a few minutes, voila!!! I had been wanting to get more of the citrus in this room and I didn't like the vessel I had the flowers in so this solution kills two birds with one stone-so to speak.
 



Any time this ledge calls for something "springy" or this color, the faux herbs and flower pot with my youngest grand children's  fingerprints will always fill the bill.






So that is it for the kitchen. Really not much grand or mind blowing but I enjoy the bit of Mediterranean feel it adds as well as my seasonal theme. We will try to catch the FR tomorrow. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment