decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, July 8, 2013

Fair Weather Friend

I have always thought of myself as a good and faithful friend. But, after viewing these pictures, I realize I am not. I am a fair weather friend.

As is often the pattern with me, out of the clear blue sky I decided today was the day to take down my 4th of July decor even if I didn't have a totally uninterrupted day. Since my husband has begun working out of his home office (while he awaits discharge from his surgeon so he can resume his life and head back to the "real" office), he has taken over much of the surface area in our sunroom to spread out his files. That is where I usually deposit all of my seasonal items-whether they are on their way in or out. I like to put all of the multi-use pieces out so I can see what I have and pick and choose from them. And so, I decided to use the dining room table instead. And, in order to make room, I simply shoved the 4th of July centerpiece to the back. I didn't realize how callous I had been until I saw this picture. I loved this centerpiece enough to have it sit in the middle of the table for the last 6 weeks and actually light the candles and use it for our 4th meal. But, with the advent of a new season or decorating scheme, it was off to the side with it!

Of course, the colors of my late summer decor remind me so much of my autumn color scheme, I can't stop my heart from beating just a bit faster. I know you know how much I love autumn. Much of what is going out now will pretty much be out until the Halloween comes out. Of course, I will also bring out more browns and add the autumn leaves and pumpkins, but it is an easy transition from late summer to fall. Need I say I am wishing my life away? But, for now, I will move on with late summer and give you a peek as I finish each room. Stay tuned.






If you look closely you will see the remnants of the 4th way back in the corner. How quickly I forget!! Out with the old and in with the new!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment