decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Let the Sun Shine In...

...or in my case, the sunflowers! Sunflowers and citrus are the order of the day as I begin my late summer decorating. I know it isn't really late summer yet, but because I am always rushing every season and holiday-and, if the truth be known, these colors give me a hint of my favorite autumn soon to come- and I will be bringing out the leaves, pumpkins and acorns about the third week in August, it IS late summer by my standards!!! And so, let's travel through the living room. A few changes from last year but still keeping it pretty minimal.



That gold candle holder has been patiently waiting in the garage for its chance to shine. I bought it after season last year at PB for a fabulously reduced price. There is another larger, similar one in brown waiting to make its appearance for the autumn decor. I remember being so excited when I found them because they were originally way more than I would have spent but so bummed that I couldn't use them right away. And now, here they are making me happy all over again!











The large copper bowl pretty much set the color scheme for all of my late summer decorating. I love the candles on the coffee table as they are the three colors of citrus. I decided to head out and buy some more, but there were none to be found this year-at least in the places I went looking. But don't feel too sorry for me just yet. I did manage to find a few other things so my time wasn't completely wasted-ha-ha,

And, since that picture was taken, I have been back to HL for 3 more bundles of sunflowers and Chicos for
some late summer fashion! My big score was some more LARGE red, white and blue bunting at 80% off-started at $40 and I got them for $8. I bought 3 but now I am thinking about running back to see if they have any more because I have started to think of lots of places indoors that I could use them as well. Also got some red, white and blue battery candles to put in sconces that are just too much trouble to light and blow out every night. See that orange crock peeking out from behind. It is in the living room now and will be out pretty much through the end of November in one place or another. Even at 50% off, I probably paid too much for it but because of its versatile color and its large size, I thought I could justify it. I have put BBW Caribbean salsa out in my candles-which are a sunflower color-and smellies in all of the wall sockets so even though the house doesn't smell of autumn just yet, it still smells yummy! More to come. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment