decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

"Sunny" Days

This is what you will see as you enter my front door between now and Sept. 1. Even though we live in Florida, there isn't a lot of sun outside these days, so I usually bring it inside this time of year by decorating with lots of sunflowers and citrus colors. They are considered the "warm" colors and always remind me of the heat of summer.

I had this cloche but nothing to put inside it so I downloaded the sunflower picture and scattered a few flower heads around it. It makes for a cheery welcome as you enter and definitely sets the theme.

The orange pillow on the chair is perfect for this time of the year as it is citrus orange on one side, lime green on the other and bound with red, orange, yellow and green pom poms. Wish I could still buy these as I would grab a bunch more but I bought it in a small decorating store in Mt. Dora that is no longer there.








Love how the sunflowers look in this holder. Simply filled the vases with mixed dried beans and popped them in. Keeps well with the color scheme and holds the flowers-plus, dried beans are really inexpensive so this makes for a great vase filler.

Guess I stayed pretty simple in this room. All I did here was fill my large copper bowl with faux citrus fruit and add the candles that I found last year at Kohls that match the colors perfectly and I was good to go.

Trying to cut back on accessories this time of the year and keep the decor a little bit sparse-at least for me. It took everything I have not to add in some leaves, acorns, etc......but soon-I promise! More rooms to go. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment