decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Slowly Getting Through Summer.....

...decorating, that is. The hutch at the end of the kitchen holds some of my Mediterranean feel items. Wonder where I would be if my daughter had not been a Southern Living dealer for a few years. Everywhere I look I see Southern Living items-just in this photo alone are 3 pitchers, a tray, the wire basket, 2 candle holders and the pictures. Didn't hurt that I got a pretty nice discount!


Although there really isn't any "citrus" or sunflowers per se, I think the colors still represent summer.


Look at my new dish towels! Haven't really had time to shop for the season lately but I had to run into JoAnns the other day for some supplies for some drapes I was making for my daughter's new house and just happened to see these. I like that they have autumnal colors but the pattern is a bit updated-not my usual "sunflowers" or fruit design. When my daughter saw them and approved, I knew I picked a "winner".

As I was taking these pictures, I realized how sparse I really went in this decor. There are lots of splashes of my color scheme in this room and the kitchen, but not that show up well in pictures. Not even sure that I like the mantle. Kind of looks like I just lined up all of my pottery but right now, it is what it is and I'm living with it. At least the colors are right-except for maybe that light yellow taper, but it is all that I have at the moment with no hope of getting out shopping in my future real soon.


I know you're thinking I threw that leaf in there just to see if you were paying attention, but it belonged to my daughter and she was going to donate it, so I brought it home with me. Needed something else on this table and all of the colors were just right. The black veining even pulled in the black candle holders that I wasn't too sure about, so here it will stay-soon to be joined by all of its wonderful autumn leaf, acorn and pumpkin cousins!!!! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment