decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Top O' the Morning

Some vignettes from in and around the kitchen. They are all pretty self explanatory and much the same as last year. A few little tweaks here and there but since Easter will be following so closely behind St. Pat's this year, I decided not to do a lot of adding and changing...if it's not broke, etc.


This is the first of 4 bouquets of flowers that I received for my birthday. My husband brought me a mixed bouquet of spring flowers and each of my girls brought me a bouquet of tulips-they all know me so well! I LOVE my spring flowers!!






This is the window over my sink. I have somehow become enamored of colored glass bottles. I think that happened when I opened the PB spring catalog and saw the huge, antique wine bottles they were offering. They are gorgeous but so is their price. And, I guess they really are antique as you have to let them pick the bottle for you and the size will vary within certain parameters. I love PB and I trust them completely so I know I would be happy with whatever they sent but I could get more punch for the buck somewhere else I think so for now, I am resisting. I noticed how some of my recent wine choices came in beautiful green and amber glass-just the colors of Ireland- so I decide to set them on this pass through and see how I liked it. Funniest thing how there is already another bottle added to the collection since I took this photo-and it is a lot bigger! I love the way the glass shines as the sun comes through so, for now, these are keepers. I think I will probably move them to a window sill in spring and pop a single flower in each for a new look.

Just a little bit more to go so stay tuned. I had a wonderful birthday thanks to my wonderful family so I will fill you all in on that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment