decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, March 5, 2012

Begosh & Begorrah

So here we are in the guest bath. Just a few well placed towels, some shamrock soap and a pot of ferns and I am feeling the green.



There are a few more vignettes scattered throughout the house and the front porch that I still want to share, but haven't gotten the pictures taken yet.

I guess I am now officially a year older! My birthday was on Friday and it came at the end of a pretty rough week for our family. I must say my daughters and their families put forth a brilliant effort and actually got me to enjoy the day.

It started with daughter #3 and lunch out at a new "bistro" here in town. It is in an old Victorian house and very avant garde for our city. We did the whole bit: a bottle of wine, appetizer, entree and dessert and every bit of it was yummy! Then I got to go back to their house for presents and flowers-because they were TOO BIG to bring to the restaurant-oh yeah- and a celebration with the little ones where I received their "made with love" cards-always special to me!

That evening, daughter #2 and her family arrived bringing dinner, flowers, cake and more presents. We were all so exhausted from the week that it was a pretty low key party but family-filled just the same.

And then daughter #1 (who had been up here most of the week and left me flowers, wine and candy before heading home) and her family called to sing to me and send their love. After all of that, how could anyone not feel surrounded by warmth and security-they all know how to take good care of their old mom and dad and the right things to say at the right times. I am so blessed to have them!

Then, on Sunday, I got to see them all again as the one group returned from a volleyball tournament in Orlando and stopped by to pick up their dogs we were sitting for and then the other gang went to the FL/KY basketball game and I got to keep my grand daughter for a few hours. Oh, and what fun we had! We colored, made a bracelet, played doll house and watched princess movies-just like the old days with my first 4 grand daughters. Now don't get me wrong, I love my 2 grand sons and all of the Legos, Thomas, Transformers, etc. that go along with that but there is nothing quite like a beautiful Sunday afternoon spent nuzzling on the couch with those little chubby cheeks and pudgy legs! Heaven!!! What a way to end the week!

Have a few things on the docket this week. If all goes well, I will be back soon. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment