decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, March 29, 2012

I'm Back!!!!!!

I have been missing in action for several weeks and it is so good to be back. Once again, "life" kept me on my toes! My husband had a quintuple bi-pass surgery and I have been with him. I must say that the medical world is so NOT my kind of world. I don't understand it and the smells, sights and sounds of a hospital set my nervous system at odds. But, that being said, when I have no choice but to deal with it, I do pretty well. It was a long 11 days in the hospital with several "bumps" along the way but we are now home and he is doing super and gaining back his strength a little every day.

Since we have this "forced togetherness", we are trying to enjoy every minute of it. Now, I do not mean to imply that we don't always love every chance we have to be together, but between his career and my many family obligations, we don't always have all of the time we would like to do nothing. At least for this first week at home, that is what we have both been instructed to do-him to regain his health and me to catch up on some much needed sleep.

So, we are taking things slowly. We are enjoying this beautiful spring weather sitting out by the pool, catching up on countless hours of TV via our Ti-Vos, and taking some time to reorganize lots of things that have gotten away from us as we raced through life in recent months. If this is a hint of how things will be when he retires, I think I will love it!

In any case, when we finally got home from the hospital on March 25, my house was still decorated for St. Pat's Day and because I didn't have the energy to tackle it right then, that is how it stayed for a few days. After apologizing to numerous people as they came to visit, I finally bit the bullet yesterday and got busy on Easter decorating. Since I haven't stepped foot outside of a hospital or my house for about 3 1/2 weeks now, I don't have anything new to comment on but I did try to mix things up a bit.

I do love the light and airy feel that Easter decorations give my house. I went pretty natural in feel except where I added in my vintage things-somehow I still love anything vintage. Brings back lots of memories.



This still isn't what I want for my "Heidi Devlin" eggs that I bought last year. I had been on the lookout for an antique funeral flower basket but didn't find what I wanted, so when a friend gave my husband a "get well Easter basket", I took the basket and gave it a quick coat of a light sage color. I still want to tweak it a bit so it looks older but will have to wait until I can get to the stores again.



That's it for today. Physical therapist coming soon so I must get moving. Lots more to show you in another post so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment