decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, March 30, 2024

Whew!

 I honestly don't know why I continue to be so confused as to when Easter will actually arrive this year. Perhaps it's because of all of the other things I have had going on as well as the fact that we really aren't having as big a celebration this year as we usually do so I didn't have a lot of preparation on my plate. Much of the family is out of state so it will just be daughter #2, her hubby and his mom here at my house. They are bringing the brunch and about all I am contributing is the venue-lol. I am going to make some of my bunny sugar cookies this afternoon if time permits.

In any case, I just realized that we haven't finished our tour and Easter is tomorrow. Although it will probably remain up in my house another week or so-maybe-I thought we should finish up the tour today...so, let's head into the family room.

This was the one room that I really wanted to change up this year...the carrots aren't working for me anymore. But, since I need time for trial and error, a change this year just wasn't in the cards with the short amount of time I had to get decor out after St. Pat's came down. And so, I will live with this this year and maybe I will get the time to change it up next year. At least it will give me something to think about for 12 months. Lol

Part of my dilemma in the change-up will be this cutie. I really love this guy but, since I'm kind of leaning towards mostly green and purple for Easter decor, his blatant orange just doesn't quite fit in for me. I'm not sure how I will solve this dilemma. He does have a purple bow so maybe if I just stick in some purple flowers as well I could live with it.


I like some of the "carrot" things in the shelves but I could probably live without them if necessary. But, for this year, they will remain.



Here's another place where my dilemma becomes apparent. I love the bunnies with my pallet sign-which is seriously one of my favorite things I have ever made-but again, orange pops out at you. I'm getting confused just writing about it. Not sure how I will solve this problem. Good thing I have a whole year to think about it. I left the new greenery garland up on the mantle and just "beefed" it up with more greenery picks that I had on hand. I actually just noticed that some of those picks have a hint of purple to their leaves. Maybe if I could find more of that I would be happy with a green, purple and orange color scheme next year. Then I could keep the "orange" things that I like and not feel so much conflict.



And our last stops will be the bathrooms-guest bath first.




Since I added that vintage wreath this year, I decided to group all of my vintage feel decor in this area. Since they have so much pastel color, they don't really fit in anywhere else now that I've gone purple and green.

And again, a quick nod to the holiday in the master.

That is the end of our Easter tour 2024. I am off to try to do a bit of vacuuming-which is almost impossible to do with my huge grand dogs velcroed onto my legs and then make the cookies and come up with a pretty table. I hope everyone has a blessed Easter holiday and I will be back when things start back up. I'm guessing there will be at least one lacrosse game this week and I have Grandparents Day at the high school so I should have some things to share soon. Until then, stay safe and stay tuned. Next decor up will be spring.









No comments:

Post a Comment