decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Back on Track

 It's looking like we are going to have a HOT, rainy day so I definitely have no plans to work in the yard today and, unless I want to start a new major indoor project-which I don't- I have settled on catching up on some laundry. So, while the first load is washing, I thought maybe I would take you into the dining room. We are back to St. Pat's for awhile.

Just when I thought I wouldn't find a spot for the (sort of ) new black vase, my eyes caught the dining room chandelier and I thought it would help bring home the "black accents" in this room. I love that silly vase and I like the way the Belles of Ireland pop in contrast.

I sure wish I had put the date on this counted cross stitch that I did oh so many years ago. I'm not sure why I didn't because that was something I commonly did but, the fabric is starting to yellow so it's getting pretty close to being in the antique category. Lol




That is the dining room for this year. I have to say, I think St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite decors-not necessarily because of the decor items or theme but just because there is so much green. I have always loved the color green. It is so very calming to me. I guess that's because it reminds me of nature. If you think about it, nothing really clashes with green-every color in nature matches with the green of the leaves or grassy surroundings. I am always sad to take this decor down but, this year it will happen very quickly-at least that is the hope because Easter is so early this year and biting at St. Pat's heels. The good part is that much of the greenery will stay for the Easter decor and mostly shades of purple or other soft colors will come in so the outdoor feel will linger.

That is it for today. This week I am really flying by the seat of my pants with no real plans written in ink so we shall see where it leads. Stay safe and stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment