decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, March 11, 2024

Quiet Week Ahead

 I'm planning on a pretty quiet week this week. I have two of my grand dogs here for the week while their family is off to Park City for spring break. Hazel, the Golden Doodle, has been here so many times that she just slips right back into my routine once she is in the front door but Bruno, a Labradoodle, is relatively new to the mix. He has been here a few times for extended visits but he is much younger than Hazel and has so much more energy-not to mention that if left to his own devices, he will go looking for trouble. And so, I kind of need to stay on my toes and one step ahead of him. He is so smart that on a previous visit he not only figured out how to open a kitchen cupboard but also how to pull out the steel baskets so he could get into the garbage and the recycling-and all in just a matter of a few minutes before I realized that he was no longer laying behind me on my office floor. I'm ready for him this time-I've used a strong rubberband on the handles to keep the doors shut! If he figures that one out I will be COMPLETELY impressed. Lol

In any case, I will be pretty close to home because I really feel bad leaving these two home alone. They have already been left by their family so I don't want them to think I'm leaving them as well. Crazy, I know but we are having beautiful springlike weather and I have lots to do so I'm fine with staying close to home.

I thought we should probably wrap up our St. Pat's tour-let's start with the sunroom.


I made this last year from a piece of a $Tree sign I had left over and the small grapevine shamrock that I found in the Target $ Spot. I was hoping to find more of those shamrocks this year as I had some other ideas for them but if they were there, I have missed them.


 As always, just simple decor in the sunroom...now on to the guest bath.





 And my nod in the master...

As I mentioned, we have been having beautiful spring-like weather of late and I am keeping my fingers crossed that we have no more surprise freezes in store for us this year. Last year, even though I covered it completely, our several nights of 22 degrees took out the better part of my bougainvilleas. I knew they would come back but it has literally taken until just about now-so, a year-to get where it is blooming again and the leaves are beginning to return. 

 

I think the leaves are about done falling-at least in copious amounts-and the "squiggles" seem to be slowing down so maybe I will be able to get to the pressure cleaning soon. It's either going to be that or I am likely to get Easter out and maybe start a bit of decorating before March 17...we'll see. I think the fact that I sit next to all of this any time I'm in my office isn't helping. Lol

This is where I have been putting all of the new Easter decor in hopes that I might come up with ideas where I will be using them-no luck so far but I'm hoping something will come to me soon. I'm not sure why I make something when I don't know what I am going to do with it but I seem to always work it out so we shall see. The only problem with this year is the sense of urgency because Easter is so early.

I have happened upon some pretty nice faux spring blossoms and greenery of late so I'm grabbing them when I see them and this just makes me want to get going on some big old spring bouquets.

If you have been with me for awhile, you know how much I love old postmarks and script on things so, as I was sitting here the other day looking for something to do, I pulled out some stamps I've had for awhile and just gave this bunny a bit of a refresh. I love it and I don't think I'm done just yet-we shall see.


So that's it for today. Time to give the puppers some exercise before I sit down for lunch. Stay safe and stay tuned.








No comments:

Post a Comment