decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Tempus Fugit!

 Time definitely flies. I really hadn't planned on being back so quickly but, I looked at the calendar and, even though Halloween is still a bit away, once I head off I won't be able to add any posts until I get home-which will be after the big day. And so, if I want to get my house tour done, there is no time like the present to move along. Let's head into the dining room today.

I love this table runner that I got at Bombay Co. so many, many years ago. I actually loved that store and all of their seasonal treasures. Lots of my favorites came from there. It doesn't hurt when you make friends with the manager. The closest store was an hour away so I only got in there when I was in Gainesville. The manager would actually call me and tell me when things were being marked down and I would either hustle up there or he would put them on hold for me. I miss those days. Sigh...but, I digress. In any case, this beaded runner with the dimensional spider is just perfect!


I added the empty picture frames thinking maybe it would give more of an old, attic feel full of old family photos. Not sure I'm sold just yet but it is what it is...for now.

I switched up the bar area just a bit. I left the window frame and leaned the tray up against it. That way I had a bit more surface room to add the new wine bottle holder I was gifted last year. I just randomly put him where you see him and someone pointed out to me that it was "genius" where I put him. I actually just placed him there until I could purchase a new bottle of wine that was a bit more "Halloweeny" than the white wines usually in my house. Lol I truly had no idea what she meant until I saw it through her eyes-it looks like the skeleton has his hands up to catch the wine possibly spilling from the bottle in the tree (which, I just realized, is also from Bombay). In any case, I no longer feel the need to hunt down a bottle of red wine-and I'm feeling like the genius I was credited with. Lol


So that is it for the dining room. I'm off to talk to my pool guy-it seems as if the pool timer has died-right along with my Dyson vacuum and the outlet on my gazebo! Good times! And, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the latest update on my grand dog, Bruno. He spent all of yesterday in Gainesville at the ER Vet clinic where he ended up having a VERY long and, as it turned out, very complicated surgery to remove what they think may have been a lanyard with a metal clip and plastic tag removed. No one got to see him last night so we are all anxious to hear how he is doing today-and when he may get to come home. Pets in our family are family so this was a rough one but hopefully he will be home soon and will have learned his lesson-we shall see. Stay safe and stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment