decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Fall is in the Air!

 I headed out bright and early this morning-actually just so I didn't give myself time to change my mind-and I could definitely tell that there was a bit of a change in the air. Maybe not enough to run back in for a jacket-or even a sweater-but enough that I noticed! My main goal had been to get the rest of the outside decor up...and I did! The "Dead and Breakfast" sign post is SOOO heavy but, I've been putting it in the same spot for so long that even though the grass has grown over it, the soil underneath is still pretty loose and I don't have a lot of trouble any more digging a fairly deep hole fairly quickly. But, the darn trellis-that you would think should be easy-always seems to get the best of me! The circular drive throws off what you would think would be a guide and it always takes me many attempts to get it level and symmetrical let alone remember how I have the electric situation set up! But, never-the-less, it is done. Let's take a peek at that and then we'll head into the sunroom. I do have a black garland over the windows with orange and purple lights so I think it will be pretty lit up at night.

That sign is still one of my all time favorite crafts. I found the instructions in a magazine and pulled them and held on to them for a few years until I finally pulled the trigger and decided to give it a try. It was a bit of a project but, aren't I the one who likes a project? Lol



Let's head into the sunroom as there isn't a lot to show you there either.


Here's where the witch stocking ended up. It's not really where I wanted but I just can't find another spot anywhere!

And more of the family Halloween pictures.

That's it for today. Time for me to go out and get my car back into the garage. Of course, before I can do that I'm going to have to open the hood and use the leaf blower to clear out the hundreds of acorns that have fallen down there while the car was in the drive as the garage was full of Rubbermaids. It is downright dangerous out there right now as those acorns are coming down fast and furious and bouncing off of everything. Guess the leaves will be the next things to fall! Luckily autumn is my favorite season so I will forgive Mother Nature for that. Stay safe and stay tuned.






No comments:

Post a Comment