decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

I'm Back...Again

 I'm back and kind of hit the ground running. I am a bit later than usual with my Halloween decor and almost decided to just leave up autumn and add some Pilgrims and turkeys in November because it seems as if I will soon be on the road again. Daughter #1 is going to pick me up on her way home from the furniture mart and I will get to spend at least two weeks with her in St. Pete during all of the Halloween festivities! She is having her traditional Halloween witches' dinner then we are planning to hit the Witch Pub Crawl with her friends not to mention all of the beautiful decorations in her neighborhood, over 1000 trick-or-treaters and a number of new restaurants we want to try. It is going to be a full and fun visit and I really will only be home another two weeks so, a sane person would just skip the swap out this year. But, that being said, my sanity has always been a bit questionable so, I have worked none stop the last 3 days and the inside is finally done and I got a bit of a start on the outside until my back cried "uncle"...hoping to finish tomorrow.

And so, with all of that said, I thought I would start our tour in the living room this time. I still love the sign that I stole found from a Grandin Road catalog. I have been known to buy a lot from them but there are times when their prices are just ridiculous...and this was one of them. I already had the piece of plywood that I used so this was a no-brainer and, even though painting is not my forte, this came out pretty much on the money!

 


As I look at these pictures I can see why my girls say it might be time to "simplify"...but, how can I NOT put out every picture of all of our past Halloween parties with all of our costumes? I just love looking at all of these living room pictures...and the ones in the family room...and the ones in the sunroom...and the ones in my bedroom...and the ones in the kitchen...OK, maybe I can see their point Lol

I still love the "dummy board" wreath and the velvet witch hat that I made from a $Tree oil funnel.


I did go ahead and put the chandelier out again this year and I think I like it...we'll have to see if it makes the cut next year. Lol

Up to this point this entire room seems to be "witch" themed. I wish I could find another place for my Poe vignette-it seems a bit out of place but I really don't think there is anywhere else it can go. I still love it and it seems to be right at home in this spot.


And I love the sign I made as gifts a few years back. It is up on top of the corner cabinet with the birdcage and bird and a tag I made that I just found and it seems like it was made for this spot. I have no clue what I actually made it for...or when. Lol


So that is the living room for this year. It is definitely "busy"-to say the least-but I love orange and black and all of the feels and smells that go with this holiday so I am good with it.

Hopefully I will get the "Dead & Breakfast" sign and the trellis and tombstones done tomorrow and then I will be back to share more. Stay safe and Stay tuned.











No comments:

Post a Comment