decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, August 5, 2023

Summertime...and the Livin' Is Easy

 I'd like to know where the livin' is easy in the summertime as the song says. Definitely not at my house! I will admit that everything is so pretty and green right now-something that does not always happen here in the summer. Usually everything is parched and dry. But, we have been having a lot of rain...so that's a good thing. BUT, the rain also promotes the growth of not only flowers and grass but WEEDS, mold and fungus. And that is where I found myself this morning. I have a list a mile long of outside chores but thought I would start with a hard one. And, that was scrubbing off the fungus and mold that had taken a hold on the garden gate and trellis that was definitely a lot more visible now that I cut down the climbing rose.

Let us just say that it is HOT out there and scrubbing the intricate design on those gates was a JOB! I used LOTS of straight bleach and literally wore most of the bristles off of several wire brushes. I can't say that it is perfect but it is as close to perfect as it is going to get! So here it is after I already scrubbed it. You can see where the paint is back to original green in some spots and literally down to bare metal in others-well, maybe not the best picture but trust me when I say it definitely needed an upgrade-especially if there isn't going to be anything growing on it for awhile and hiding its many flaws!

And here it is after both of those cans of paint are empty! 


You will just have to believe me when I say it looks so much better but will still probably need another coat or so...meaning another 2-4 cans of paint!

And, of course while I was out there I turned my attentions to the slide once again. I think I have finally learned that it is so much easier to stay ahead of the mold on the slide. It's was a task but I got it done as well and here is my view of the yard from my resting spot at the other end of the pool when I was finally sitting down-not a view I see most often as I am usually up near the steps. It's fun to have a new perspective and, even though it is brutally hot already, it is so quiet and serene out here. I can hear birds chirping from all over and today there is definitely an abundance of beautiful butterflies! Ahhh!



The terraced garden is looking so pretty. It usually looks like this in the spring but by August is starting to show its dislike of the heat as much as mine. lol

And, my little $15 bubbler is still working although I did have to take it apart to clean it the other day. I really don't mind that as all of my fountains need to be maintained but they give me enough pleasure to make it worth the effort.

I still have a lot left on my list but Mother Nature might have other ideas for me today as the sky is getting dark. Oh well, there's always tomorrow down here where the livin' the "easy".  Stay safe and stay tuned.








No comments:

Post a Comment