decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, August 21, 2023

Love It When This Happens

So today I am going to take you into my dining room and show you how it looked when I took pictures and how it looks again. But then I will show you how it looked when I am the happiest - when it is in full use and the table is full of family! Welcome to my 2023 dining room decked out for autumn.


I don't know why I love that dough bowl so much but I just do. Those muted autumn colors gets me every time!



So that is how the dining room looks ready for fall. But, we bought that dining room set many, many years ago from Habersham Plantation after I saw it in a decor magazine. We traveled up to the actual plantation to see it in person to be sure it did what it looked like it did...and it did! Lol

The two oval ends of the table are loose and can actually be put together to make a round table if you want. But, my favorite part is that there are also two leaves that lift to make the middle section a very large rectangle and then the ends go back on.  This table will fit 12 comfortably but others can be squeezed in as well. And so this weekend, that is exactly what we did when we gathered the crew for a throwback back-to-school dinner. Lucky for me that I'm such a hoarder saver because decorations were easy...it felt like old times but we sure did miss Harrison. Again lucky for me there were people here who are up on technology because we were able to Face-time with him and oh my, it was so wonderful to see his face and have him talking to us. And, I got to make our favorite chicken tetrazzini again. I love that stuff but it is just too complicated to make unless I am feeding others.





My brother and sister-in-law were also able to spend the night and helped me click a few more things off of my to-do list so I am starting the week pretty much caught up except for all of the weeds that I realized had popped up while we were out there yesterday. So that is where I am off to now. Looks like the rains will be holding off for a few days so maybe I'll just make it into the pool as well. Stay safe and stay tuned.







No comments:

Post a Comment