decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, August 4, 2023

Somewhat Better?

 I finally got out yesterday and picked up only a few of the things I was looking for. Hobby Lobby didn't have any "dead" looking dried foliage that I thought would work for my witch stocking but, I did find some preserved leaves in muted orange and dark purple so I grabbed them. I am actually wishing I had grabbed the other package they had because I love the way they look in the new vessel-but we'll get to that in a minute.

I was also hoping to pick up some Christmas greenery for my stocking but my HL was just putting this stuff out and the aisles were literally blocked with boxes stacked 5-6 levels high. But, me being the shopper that I am found a way to get in just far enough to reach what I wanted until I remembered that it would all be full price and that definitely goes against my HL shopping code-lol-and so I wait.

I hadn't planned to add anything "cutesy" to the stocking but until I find something I like more, I am using a few things I found at $Tree. I was hoping to come up with a few new ideas but honestly, everything I saw has been done over and over the last few years so we will see where things go this year.

In any case, here is what I found. We'll see what comes of it. I definitely did not need another pot/jug but, I can use black not only for Halloween but also for Christmas and Valentine's Day and probably a few other places as well and, it is large and was only $30 but 50% off so, for $15 it gives me a pretty large statement. And, just look how pretty the leaves look in it. I kind of just stuck them in there for storage purposes without taking off the rubber band or arranging at all but I already like them. Which brings us back to wanting more leaves. Back before there were the "nicer" faux flowers and greenery, I preferred to use more of the preserved things. I think I even tried to preserve my own with glycerine once but that is definitely for another story!

 Suffice it to say it is probably way smarter-at least for me-to buy them when you see them. But, for many recent years, I just don't remember seeing them. And so, I couldn't grab this quick enough. There were only 2 left and I should have grabbed both but at that time I was just thinking of filler for the stocking and certainly wouldn't have needed that much. Now, I'm thinking of filler for the jug. The preserved leaves are just so soft and pretty and will make a nice addition to all of my faux autumn leaves. I think I see another trip back to HL in my very near future-especially since they won't be on sale again next week. Remember my code. Oy. I was actually hoping to get out into the yard really early tomorrow and tackle a lot on the list so we shall see.

In any case, that's it for me. I'll be back but until then, stay safe and stay tuned.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment