decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, August 14, 2023

Biding My Time

Holy cow...is it ever hot outside! I've been outside doing a little watering and just had to call it quits for now. And, it is still too hot to even go out to the pool. And so, I find myself here at my computer under a fan and still not entirely comfortable but I thought as long as I am here I might as well take you into the kitchen and show you what is happening in there right now.




I am always so happy when my enameled cast iron pumpkin Dutch oven comes in the house. It's partly because that means summer is coming to an end but also, it just makes me happy to round the corner and see it there. And, it will be here in the house through autumn, Halloween and Thanksgiving decor!

I like that Farmer's Market canvas that I did last year. I think the black helps balance some of the other black in the room that is mostly stainless steel and wood. And, I happened upon some napkins that my daughter and grand daughters made me way back in 2000 and brought one out as a decorative filler in the leaf bowl.

 

 This is where the new pumpkin cutting board from HL ended up.

If I remember correctly, I found the Farmer's Market pitcher last year at WalMart and just realized how nicely it works with the canvas.


Still love my tree made with my three youngest grands' fingerprints and the little handmade paper collage in the style of Eric Carle made by a grandchild many years ago.


 

 I just find the colors of autumn so beautiful! I'm looking forward to using all of these dishes soon as I have some company coming and I'm looking forward to doing some cooking.




 





 Once again I didn't do a lot of commenting so I guess that means there isn't much new going on. As much as I love crafting, for me there doesn't seem to be a lot of ideas floating around that I want to try. Maybe I've just been at this so long that I've done it all before. Lol Or, maybe I just have so much that even I can't imagine where I would put something new any more. I've always enjoyed "the hunt" for a new home for a new treasure so we shall see. Maybe there is something new coming down the pike just waiting for me to find it. Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment