decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, June 12, 2020

We're Getting There

Even though I am not quite ready to decorate my home for late summer with all of the sunflowers, I somehow couldn't stop thinking about those muslin flowers that I just finished. I have already shared that they were not quite what I had envisioned them being. I couldn't zero in on how I would arrange them or what container I would put them in but, I did mention that I have some old crocks out in the yard that I sometimes use for plants.

And so, with all of that in mind, I headed out into my yard to see what I could find. I actually have two of the shorter crocks and then I found the taller one that I completely forgot about. I brought them in and had to do a good scrub down with the Clorox to get rid of all of the algae covering them.


My favorite is the taller one but, alas, I don't have any floral foam and couldn't find anything else to fill it that would help me put the flowers where they would stay and I could see the end result. That will definitely be on my list the next time I decide to brave heading out. But, I was able to get a bit of a better idea how they would look in the shorter crock and I think I am OK with it if the other doesn't work out. I will need some more greenery too but, at least I think I will end up using them so the three days of my life that I gave to this project will not have been in vain. Lol


With no other craft projects in my immediate future, I am off to do some cleaning of parts of my house that I seem to have forgotten even exist-haha. With so much company arriving next week, I think I need to be sure there are no surprises lurking. Stay busy, stay safe and stay tuned.







No comments:

Post a Comment