decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

And...We're DONE!

OK. The sunflowers are finally done...and, I just kind of stuck them in this container to see what I would think. This is probably not the container I will use when I put them out next month, but it is along the the lines that I have been thinking about. I actually think I will empty one of the old crocks that that I have in the yard to use. I think it needs something with a bit of a wider mouth. But, I am definitely feeling better about them than I was. They are different and, since I know I need at least one more large arrangement since things have moved since the last time I decorated for late summer, I think these are so much better than just another big pot of store bought flowers. I'm really not sure where they will end up, but at least I now know they will NOT end up in the trash. Lol And, believe me, those thoughts were in my mind last night.


And, while I have you, let me show you the 4th of July things I picked up while I was out.

These beads look similar to the ones I made but, at the sale price, are actually less expensive than making more myself. I like them here on the coffee table.



I picked up these two ceramic jars really inexpensively. Right now they're sitting on the ledge in the kitchen but will soon be full of fresh flowers. They might also be cute full of silverware at a party.


I have salad servers for almost every other holiday so when I saw these on sale, I grabbed them for my 4th of July dining.



And, I picked up some blue chalk paint and got the frame repainted. It is amazing how chalk paint sticks to things when acrylic just won't. No one else probably notices this but, it is the little things these days that keep me happy.



We are having another rainy day. I love how green and lush everything is looking but my pool is getting very close to the top so, maybe enough is enough. I'm off to find my next project. Stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment