decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, June 4, 2020

Onward We Go

Since I knew there was upcoming rain in the forecast...and it looked like it might really happen this time and go on for awhile...I decided it was time to move on a bit more with the pressure cleaning of my fence before the skies opened up. I had pretty much gotten all of the most readily visible fence done with just the far end of the side yard yet to do...but, it is QUITE a lot of fence! I'm not really sure why I felt compelled to even do it but, since I enjoy this chore so much and since I LOVE that the really aged fence looks almost new when I'm done, out I went. I was really moving along...until the turbo nozzle decided to stop spinning. The pressured water still comes out but in a thin stream. I so wanted to just keep going but, since there is so much fence and I was only cleaning about an inch at a time, I gave up. I'm pretty sure I can buy a replacement nozzle...once I want to go back to Lowes. So, for now, the rest of that project is on hold.

And, the predictions were right. We have had a beautiful rain all night and it looks like it will continue for some time.

And so...I'm coming up with some inside jobs to accomplish today but this is first on my list. Let's head to the family room. If you are really eagle eyed, you might notice a few changes between the beginning pictures and the ending ones. I have been tweaking as I went. Some of the vignettes have been re-photographed and you would never know and others I just left the originals because I was too lazy tired to get up and do them again. Lol


Now that those arches are hanging in this area, this vignette just cries for simplification. I think this is just enough to say the 4th without over-doing it.


This is where the 4th of July book stack and bead garland landed.




I was about to not hang the lower set of lights. They are getting kind of tired and I like the brightness of the LEDs so much better. But, when push came to shove, I couldn't do it. It kind of felt like getting rid of an old friend. And so, they remain for at least this year. But, I did go ahead and string the LEDs on top of the mantle and it all looks pretty at night.



Again this year, this grand children's hand print wreath made for me by daughter #3 is proving to be a big item on my blog views. It must be floating out there in Pinterest land and gets viewed many, many times...especially at this time of year. Some day I will have to look up that original post just to see how many times it has actually been viewed.
 

Since I had to steal borrow the large white urn from these shelves for the console in the dining room, this area became once again hard for me to decorate. I feel like the top cubby needs something big because it is so large...and, since I'm still not heading out and about to shop for non-essentials, I grabbed the photo holder that I use for Valentine's Day and loaded it up with vintage 4th of July images. I had done this before a long time ago so, luckily, I already had the images printed - as I am still out of ink in my printer. I don't use my printer all that much these days but boy, when I can't use it it seems as if I need to print something every day. HP ink is #1 on my list as soon as I break out...after plants and craft supplies...so I guess that makes it #3 on my list. That is promising to be one big shopping excursion!


And, if you are looking at that frame on the middle shelf and thinking it sure could use a paint job, you would be right. I had pulled that picture from a calendar many years ago and never did anything with it. Fast forward to stay-at-home and one day I'm just roaming around looking for something to do. Light bulb moment - I could frame that picture for the 4th. I happened to have the perfect sized large frame...only problem was that it was plastic. I knew chalk paint would work but I didn't have any in blue. And so I tried acrylics...and my instinct was right. It just scratched off way too easily. So then I tried dry brushing it with the VERY small bit of white chalk paint I had and that looked even worse. Not one to give up easily, I went back and dry brushed with more blue. Total failure. And so, with regulations easing, I decided to leave it the way it is until I am brave enough to hit HL or Wal-Mart for the chalk paint...no one but me is going to see it until then anyhow. Lol






Did you spy the big, red pillows that I had completely forgotten about until today?


I also brought the grain scoop in to this mix. I just didn't have anywhere else to use it and I didn't want to put it away so thought I'd give it a try here. Again, I think it was just me too tired to really come up with the perfect answer-that would have involved moving more things around and, quite frankly, I was just too tired. As it turns out, I kind of like it here.



So that is the family room for this year. I'm off to start making some things to use for decorations and photo props for the three graduates we have yet to celebrate. I might get away easy on my FSU grad because her colors are very similar to Flagler's colors but, I am needing green and white devil's heads for St. Pete HS and red and white eagles for 8th Street Elementary. Should keep me busy a bit longer. Stay safe and stay tuned.

I did whip out this card for Presley and am thinking it is kind of cute! The eagle was kind of easy...not looking forward to the green devil.


No comments:

Post a Comment