decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, June 22, 2020

Finally!!

I can't believe the weekend is already over! We finally got to have our long awaited family reunion! We finally got the chance to celebrate graduations, birthdays, anniversaries, Father's Day and daughter #3's beautiful home renovation! But, most importantly, we were together...for the first time since Christmas!

Daughter #1 and part of her family arrived on Friday and we got to do lots of catching up before the "real" fun started on Saturday. I had planned to take tons of photos but, once again, I got so invested in the goings on that I really didn't...or, those that I did take were really just not noteworthy. But, we did get the whole group and a few other good ones so I am happy.






My brother and sister-in-law have a tradition of giving the high school graduates in our family a quilt (made by my SIL) that is full of squares each representing the special events of their lives so far. This is Olivia taking a trip down memory lane as she is looking over her gift. These are such special gifts as they will not only keep them company throughout their college years but throughout their lives as well.







This one might just have a future as a chef. She is already a good little cook and a super baker!


I couldn't end this post without showing you these flowers that were a gift from daughter #1. Many, many years ago I started giving my mom flowers on MY birthday as a thank you to her for giving me the gift of my life. Daughter #1 liked that idea so much that she started doing the same for me. The flowers that she arrived at me door with this year are an arrangement that she put together herself...with the help of the florist. She was signed up to take a class but then the virus changed her plans a bit. She was still able to go pick up the supplies and then watch a video of how to arrange all of the flowers. This bouquet is full of mostly peonies and green hydrangeas and is the prettiest thing I have ever seen! And as the peonies continue to open, they are becoming the largest flowers I have ever seen.



I did this to help you see the size of the first peony to open but I still don't think you can really tell how huge it is! And, there are still so many more to come!


So I am going to use today to catch up from the weekend and then I have friends coming tomorrow and Thursday so I am looking forward to a fun week. I also have an idea for this year's Christmas ornament so, when time permits, I will move on to that as well. And, I bought a new nozzle for the pressure cleaner so more of that to come this week too. Can you tell I am a happy camper? Lots of projects in my future. Stay safe and stay tuned.

I almost forgot to share the cute Father's Day gift idea I found on Pinterest. I made one for each of my two sons-in-law and one for my brother. Presley and I made the cookies when she was here last week.



No comments:

Post a Comment