decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Little Did I know...

When last I posted, I said I was off to find my next project. Little did I know....

I think I have shared that we finally have a date set for our reunion get-together. We have missed so many birthdays and anniversaries while in isolation but, perhaps the most important, we missed 4 graduations...two from college, one from high school and one from elementary school. This is a big deal and even though their schools found alternative ways to recognize the graduates, it isn't quite the same as having your family gathered around cheering you on.

And so, on June 20 we will be doing just that. Some of us haven't seen each other since Christmas so there will be much to catch up on as well as much celebrating to be done.

And so, since daughter #3 is serving as host this time so that we can also break in her newly renovated home, I am just in charge of decor and photo props...and probably some food as soon as we finalize the menu. I did a lot of decor for those of us who could gather to celebrate grand daughter #3 so, I wanted to do the same for the rest of the group. And, since not everyone was able to make it to G'vlle to celebrate Morgan, we will be celebrating her again as well. And so, I set out to do something that I love. I'm not sure why I enjoy doing these props so much but, I do. I start with an image online and then I just do lots of picture piecing...kind of like putting a puzzle together. And, even though I'm never sure where I'm going when I start, I always seem to end up with a reasonable facsimile. Gotta say, the 8th Street Elementary Eagle was definitely the simplest to put together.


This guy nearly did me in!! And, being a Gator having to make a Seminole, I would not have expected anything less!


Here's Morg's lion. I think they're the Saints so I'm not sure why the lion but I just go with it. Lol


And, the beloved Green Devil from St. Pete H.S..


One chore down, lots more fun to come. My girlfriend is coming to spend tomorrow with me. We have talked often but not seen each other since isolation began so you know there will be lots of talking going on...so much to catch up on.

Not sure what my next project will be but you can bet I will bring you along for the ride. Stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment