decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, January 14, 2017

You Gotta Have "Heart"

It is a beautiful Saturday afternoon and I am fighting with myself not to head out and start some weeding. But, I know me and once I start something, I am not going to want to stop and there really aren't that many hours left of daylight and there is still dinner to make and some laundry to do. And so, the next best thing is to sit at my computer and show you the dining room and sun room decked out in their Valentine's best.



This is the hutch on the "fireplace" in the dining room. I sometimes have trouble decorating it because the shelves are narrow and not everything I want to display will fit on them. But, for some reason, I found a happy accident. I put up the tin marquee heart and then had the two silver picture frames in my hand with no where to put them so I stuck them here and then went and pulled out an old silver tray. And, voila, I love it. I am even happier that I actually prefer the silver tarnished-definitely a win-win situation!







And did I mention that I am a happy camper? I finally found some red tulips! As I have been saying, not many changes over all and a bit of editing but I still feel Valentine's Day all around! Just a bit more to show you. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment