decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Love is in the Air

Now that we are getting used to our "new normal" around here, I am squeezing in a bit more time for myself and am happy to announce that all Christmas is finally down-except the outside lights but that will happen tomorrow-and Valentine's Day is here. Before I get side tracked let's start in the living room...and let me start by apologizing for the dark pictures. We are finally having some rain. It is much needed so I am not complaining but it does make taking good pictures more of a challenge-at least for me!




I can't tell you how much happiness this simple, little vintage decoration brings to me!






This sequin heart that the little kids and I made a few years ago is one of my all-time favorite crafts...and it is truly a no-brainer! I simply painted a canvas with chalk board paint, distressed it a bit, sketched out an outline of a heart and filled it in with red sequins. Simple but I LOVE it!



Another simple idea is a gift daughter #3 gave me a few years back. She found it at Ballard Design. It is simply a stack of old book pages with card stock covers and tied with twine. The original came with light green covers but I switch them to some pretty pages I printed in red for Valentine's Day. This would be a really easy gift to make for a vintage lover.





I love this image that I downloaded and printed a few years ago. It reminds me of my cousins and me when we were young!



So that is the living room for this year. I am just starting to look for some craft ideas...Pinterest here I come! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment