decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, July 31, 2022

Ready to Move On!!

As much as I have been enjoying my afternoons in my pool lately, at all other times of the day, I am ready to move on! I find myself looking at my last year's autumn decor, perusing all of the new autumn magazines and checking out every autumn craft blog that comes down the pike. 

Yesterday I was in Micanopy with daughter #3, grand daughter #5 and my brother and sister-in-law. It was hot but there was the occasional breeze so it was actually not all that unpleasant. lol We checked out most of the shops and, when we went into my favorite, I was automatically drawn back to the Halloween and autumn areas...couldn't help myself! While I will admit that as much as I loved looking at the Halloween things, I'm not quite ready to go that far but I did find a Thanksgiving treasure ( I know, that's even further away but I was drawn to its autumn colors ) that totally matches my style! Look at this beauty.

And, can you believe that I had just ordered its Christmas counter part and it should be arriving any day now. I just love everything about the vintage-ness of this piece.

I will say, shopping these days is a bit different but, at least we are out and about again. This store in particular wasn't quite as I have always found it. Usually, the entire front of the store and the windows would be bursting with all of the current season/holiday goodness...and so, in this case, it would have been summer. And then, still throughout the store you would find fairly large areas of things from all of the other seasons/holidays. This time, the front of the store was pretty "generic"...and by that I don't mean anything not beautiful...just not screaming the season as it usually is!

We were talking to the owner and asking her if she was going to go back to the "old way" once summer was over and she said she really isn't sure. She said between the difficulty of getting new inventory and the higher prices of everything, she just isn't sure where things are going. And of course, not to mention what a HUGE task it is to continually be changing your entire store. I will say that she still has a large percentage of the store decked out for Christmas so, when I am ready for that, I definitely know where to head. She tends to lean towards the vintage, European, primitive styles that I love so much...not to mention my Bethany Lowe!

The town was bustling by noon. We tried a restaurant we had never tried before and it was good. The town is very old Florida...slow paced and lovely. These are the only pictures I shot and they're not all that great but maybe will give you just a bit of a feel for the town.



Here are a few pictures I "stole" from the Chamber of Commerce. Lol 


I'm off to do a few things outside before it gets too hot and then I'll probably be back in looking for new ideas. Right before I came on, I saw an idea come across FB and I think if I can find all of the supplies, I will be giving it a try. Here is what I have gathered already. Any ideas?

I have a bit of a busy week ahead. Grand daughter #2 is coming to spend a night, grand daughter #5 turns 13 (!!!) and then I have a few other appointments and errands lined up but I'll be back...hopefully with some wonderful new ideas! Stay safe and stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment