decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, July 10, 2022

Playing Hooky

 So, I should be outside finishing up more yard work but I am playing hooky. I was outside in the backyard most of yesterday pulling multitudes of weeds and trimming everything that has been growing like bean stalks since we've been getting a bit of rain and, frankly, I thought I was going to pass out! I drank lots of water and tried to follow the shade but it was so scorching that I could hardly breathe. Thank goodness for my pool. I literally would walk in fully dressed, work some more until I was hot again and back I would go. Not an image I would share but it worked. Lol

I didn't get anywhere near all of it done so the plan was to head out again but I had a genius idea. We are supposed to get some rain earlier than normal today so I thought I would come visit with you, let the rains come and then head out...and, hopefully it will be a bit cooler. 

With that being said, let's head into the kitchen today. I just realized my "happy accident". When you look at this picture you see the "market" sign and the market bag in one glance. Serendipity. Haha




This is where the image that I purchased online and decoupaged onto a canvas ended up.


Since this is the decor where I get to add the citrus colors as well as the sunflowers, I'm always excited to pull out as many olive jars, jugs, pots, urns, etc. that I can squeeze in! I know it is out of style these days but I still love the feel of a Tuscan villa!





So that is pretty much the kitchen for this year. Of course, it is lacking fresh sunflowers but I am hoping I will be able to pick up some when I head out tomorrow.

And on a whole other topic...maybe the third time is the charm? I still wasn't happy with the pillow arrangements in the living room so this is where we are right now and I think we finally have a winner! I like both the cream and dark green pillows on the couch but the two sunflowers pillows were one too many...so...

...the second one came out to the sunroom and since there is always a pillow on this chair, this worked perfectly. Ahhhh. Now I can sleep tonight. Lol

The rain I was waiting on has yet to come. I think I will grab a quick lunch and if it still hasn't rained, I'll bite the bullet and head outside. But, I'll be back. Stay safe and stay tuned.







No comments:

Post a Comment