decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Weather Pattern Has Returned

 Living in Florida, I am pretty familiar with our summer weather pattern...really hot in the morning followed by rain, thunder and lightning in the afternoons. It gets a bit old but, honestly, it is probably the only reason that anything stays alive in Florida in the summer. That being said, we had had a bit less rain in the beginning of summer and it allowed time in the afternoons for some leisure...like a bit of gardening, sitting by the pool, swimming, etc. But, the rains have returned. Everything is bright green but it doesn't allow for much outdoor time. And so, I find myself looking for things to do to keep me busy while I still have my furry friend following me around like a shadow. No brilliant inspiration is hitting me so I thought I might finish up our late summer house decor tour for this year.

Welcome to the family room.





This room is pretty much just the sunflowers and the colors of the season. I needed something different than just more flowers so when I happened upon the free image download, I simply printed it and framed it with a frame I have had for many years.

And here is where the decoupaged apple cider jug ended up.

That is pretty much it for this year's tour. I haven't shown you this year's porch because I've been two places and still can't find my yellow flowers. Here is a picture from 2020 and pretty much what it looks like right now...minus the mums.




I am accepting the fact that even though the sunflowers will be up about four more weeks, there is not room for one more. And so, I am moving on to looking for new ideas for my fall decor. You'll be the first to know if I discover anything fabulous. 

Looks like I'm having an impromptu weekend at my house this week. Daughter #1 is coming and bringing her beautiful new rescue dog for the family to meet. And, since she was out of state for her birthday, I think we'll throw in a little celebration for that as well. Not sure how many will make it but I need to get thinking about food and maybe some cleaning after all this time with my furry friend. Stay safe and stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment