decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, July 25, 2022

What's Next?!?

 Wow! The house is so quiet! Everyone has returned to their own homes and, for the first time in a very long time, there is no furry friend here either. I guess it's time to get back to routine and tackle some of the things I have been putting off.

Our weekend was wonderful and we actually had two celebrations for daughter #1 because not everyone could be here at the same times. It was a fun weekend full of lots of laughs, talking, catching up and, of course, food! And, because it was also very laid back, I refrained from taking pictures. Of course, I did have to get one of my newest grand dog Bennett.

Isn't he a cutie? He is another rescue from Korea. They think he is about 2 years old and, considering he was never out of a cage for all of that time, he is already very well mannered. He needs a bit of work on his leash etiquette and a lot of work on learning not to run when he sees a chance. Other than that, he is doing so well and we're all thrilled to have him as an addition to our family.

While I was out shopping for the weekend, I had to drive right by one of our largest Dollar Trees and, since I haven't been in one for awhile, I made a quick stop...and boy was I surprised! I have been seeing other bloggers at their $ Tree stores and saw things that mine has never carried. I'm not sure if there was so much here this trip because this is one of our larger stores or if all stores have kicked it up a notch but, I found some things I have never seen before in the crafts section and bought things I don't usually buy there in the floral section because usually their flowers look VERY fake...not so much this time. I grabbed a lot of autumn colored florals, chunks of unfinished wood, "tin" ceiling tiles that crafters are using like crazy, a few other every day craft supplies and then I actually found the farmhouse calendars that people literally fight over. These calendars hit the market about 2 years ago and sold out immediately. People were buying all they could find and re-selling them for $25 or more...all because of the farmhouse seasonal images inside. The same thing pretty much happened again last year. I have never been able to find them but there are so many other ways to get the images I want that I really didn't care. But, this year when I saw them. I went ahead and grabbed them just to see what all of the hype is about. And, I haven't even had time to open them to know just yet...we shall see.

Looks like I might have over loaded on the florals but, since I'm never sure what I will need next, it is better to be prepared and buy seasonal things when you see them. If all else fails, I can always use them to "beef up" arrangements I already have.

And so, that is where I am at this moment. Florida Pest comes today and I'm waiting for a few phone calls to get returned so I'll be staying close to home. Maybe it's time to grab one of those new supplies and get crafting! I'll let you know. Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment