decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, April 3, 2022

Fun Friday

 As happens so often for me, an unplanned week turns into so much fun. After my big weekend last week, there really wasn't much on the calendar this week...until a friend called and asked if she could come for a visit, a lacrosse game that I had forgotten about appeared and, my youngest grand daughter had a dance at her school and her mom decided to host another pre-get together for a few girls before they headed off...and invited me.

Presley's dance was a "glow party" so the kids were encouraged to come in all sorts of light up things. My daughter served the girls a kid friendly meal while the parents had a grown up charcuterie board and then the girls got light up flower crowns, light up glasses and glow-in-the-dark paint and went to town. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall at the dance because those girls must have really lit up under black light.


Of course Nana had to try out the crown for a minute.

As soon as we got the girls safely to the school, the rest of us were off to Trinity H.S. for Harrison's lacrosse game. They won this one 14-1 and Har scored some of those goals but he also broke yet another stick. I have lost count of how many he has broken this year and, for whatever reason, the school doesn't supply the sticks - the parents have to do that. This has been an expensive season! Lol

I got a picture with Har and what was left of his stick.



Yesterday we had pretty heavy rains all day and my yard is so happy. I ran to the garden shop before the rains started so today I was able to get some spring plants in the ground and in pots on the front porch. I was also able to see what was coming back this year and what might not have made it. Interestingly enough, I lost some pentas - which I actually didn't think you could kill - but, at least they are relatively easy to replace. The things that are blooming are looking good.








One of the things that got done last weekend is that my beautiful copper rain chain given to me for Christmas finally got put up. We had to do a little gutter repair before that could happen but I am just so in love with this beauty!


But, as pretty as it is when it is just hanging there, it is totally mesmerizing when it is doing its job. I could not stop standing there and watching the rain run down through it as it was absolutely pouring outside! 

And now I am off to try to repair my big clock in my family room. When I moved the hands for Daylight Savings Time, I guess something happened. I have taken that big thing down so many times and tried every trick in the book but, I couldn't get the hands to work any more. And so, I broke down and bought some new hands and works at HL and we shall see. I'll let you know. And, I just might be starting to do something with those images I downloaded and printed. Again, we shall see where the day takes me. Stay safe and stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment