decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Time on my Hands

 The weather man was predicting rain today. I should know by now not to totally plan my day around a prediction but, I really thought we were going to get the rain. The skies were dark and a little foreboding this morning so I decided to just do some mindless crafting. I didn't want anything too complicated nor did I want to have to go out for any supplies. 

I decided to start with a cute spring truck image I downloaded and printed. Here I go again with the trucks...so not me but, for some reason, if they suggest a sign from a patch, farm, field, etc., I am drawn to them. I found this image at thecottagemarket.com.

For this one, I decided to go totally simple and just add some spring green acrylic paint to a canvas and decoupage on the image. Usually I distress with the antique wax but I wanted this one to stay clean and fresh...springy!

And, since that one took no time at all, I went ahead to the 4th of July truck. But first, say hello to my little friend.

I love it when my miter saw comes for a visit. For some reason...probably because it was the only way it would fit...I printed the image full page and, I only had 8X10 canvases so, I decided it was time to make another board from the old fence slats. After that, I didn't know where I was going with it. I am kind of tired of my usual technique of painting the base colors and then white and sanding down to the colors again. So, this time I just painted the whole board blue, sanded some away and dry brushed over it with some red. I decoupaged on the image and, because it was mostly red, blue and black, I didn't even use the brown wax on the edges like I almost always do.

The jury is still out but, it's not like I don't have enough time to still make some tweaks if I change my mind. Lol


The sun is now shining so I think I will head out to do a bit of yard work. There is more of our Easter tour to do as well so I will be back. Until then, stay safe and stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment