decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, April 7, 2022

Back to Our Tour

 Yay! We are finally getting some of that rain that has been predicted for awhile so, I have some time to do another post today. Let's head into the family room.



You can quickly see that this is the room where I concentrated the orange pop of the carrots where as the rest of the house is done in more of the violet, green and traditionally thought of Easter colors.



I still love this bunny pallet sign I did many years ago. It was one of my first signs and I think it may be the one where I kind of became addicted to doing these. I don't remember the name of the blog where I got the inspiration but she was very generous in allowing everyone to copy her design.

And here is the bunny carrot that I made last year with inspiration from "The Crafty Decorator" - I think. He turned out to be a bit more expensive than I had thought because his base is 2 styrofoam pieces (have you priced large pieces of that stuff lately?) and then I had to but the head, 2 types of yarn and greenery at HL but, I love him so much that I really didn't care!




THIS JUST IN...so, one more reason I love having this blog. As I was posting these pictures, my eye went to that very tiny carrot on the Carrot Patch pillow that I had darkened a bit with a permanent marker. That little bit of the orange pop made me realize that my eye stopped there...until, I realized that I have orange pillow covers in my stash. I never use them this time of the year because orange doesn't say Easter to me but, since I went crazy the last two years and have made all of these carrot crafts and, since I decided to use them all in the family room for the pop of color, I decided to see how they might look...and, I love them. They work perfectly in now carrying the eye around the room from one pop of orange to the next. I'm glad I reserve the right to "tweak" at any moment. Lol


I think that's it for today...until it isn't. Lol Stay safe and stay tuned.






No comments:

Post a Comment