decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Just Playing

 I think the last I posted, I was off to a lacrosse game in Alachua where my grandson's team was playing in the district playoff. This has been a learning year for this team as they are brand new. The school hasn't had a team for a number of years and, thanks to my grandson and my son-in-law persisting enough, a team was born. Except for a few of the boys, none of the others had actually even played lacrosse before and had to start at square one...and, believe me, there is a lot to learn about this game!

They have played hard but only won 3 of their 8 games this year. Believe me, we were thrilled with that. They were growing and learning how to play as a team and that is really all we wanted for this year. But, when we ended up playing in the districts against a team seeded way ahead of us...and winning...well, I truly never thought that lacrosse could be so exciting! It was a nail biter until the end. And to make it even nicer was that my grandson scored 4 of his teams 8 points!

They were then scheduled to play in Tallahassee the very next night. The team they are playing next is ranked well ahead of them and so, except for a miracle, it will probably be the end of the road for this year but, luckily for us, there were no refs so the game is scheduled to be played tonight instead. The other team had a bye week and does not have to travel for 3 hrs. so this little hiccup at least gave our team a chance to rest for a day. We shall see what happens.

In any case, that was how my week started out and then I had a hair appointment in the middle of the day yesterday so today sees me at home catching up on some things...mostly vacuuming after my grand Golden's 3 day visit - lol. 

Bloglovin' has been done for a few days. That is how I compose and post my posts. It looks like my posts are still publishing but can't be found by anyone who manages their posts through that app. I'm really not even sure. Maybe no one will see this. If that is the case, I will need to get my grands involved to help me know what to do next. Technology is not my friend!

I guess that is my way of saying that this is really a bit of a stretch post but I want to see what happens.

I had an old $ Tree carrot sign left over so I used my favorite crafting tools...both from the kitchen drawer... to pry the two pieces apart. The sign I used is at the top left of this picture.

When I got it apart, the "good" side now looked like this so I flipped it and used the back.

When that was done, I walked around the house with the extra piece just trying to find anywhere to put it until I had more ideas for next year. Here is where it landed.

Then, I had a large can that I had bought a month or so back to do another crushed can project and so, out it came.

Next, I did the obligatory painting of the background and then the can before I ModPodged a napkin I had in my stash to the front.




And this is where I am. Although I love everything about the napkin, I don't have a single flower that will work hence, I really can't attach the can or do any other embellishing until I see what I will end up doing. Guess I will be heading to HL in the morning. I put some of my scrapbook flowers in there to see about colors but, none of what you see will stay with the possible exception of the greenish hydrangea.


On a normal day, I would wait to post this until I had the whole thing complete but it has been kind of scary without bloglovin' the last few days and as I was writing this post I saw something that makes me think it might be back so I am going to put this out there and see where it goes. Lol Bloglovin' has gone down before...albeit never this long...and I didn't panic but, this time, I did some googling and the general consensus from people much more knowledgable than I said it looked like the entire site had been cleared out. 

I have come to look forward to posting so much. My house is pretty quiet these days and you all keep me company and make me feel as if we're sitting here carrying on a conversation.

I know there are tons of other ways to blog, I just don't know what they are or even what I don't know. I'm hoping this goes out there and reaches you all. We shall see. If it does, I'll be back. If it doesn't, I'll be back but it might take me a bit. Lol In either case, stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment