decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, April 9, 2022

OK...Last One!!!

 I know I said "no more Easter tweaks" but, this time there are extenuating circumstances! I was having a lazy start to my Saturday. I had a big day yesterday...another Fun Friday. These are getting to be the norm for me and I will probably be sad the first time I realize that I had a regular day.

In any case, yesterday was like deja vu' for me. A year ago daughter #3 took me to lunch for my birthday at one of our favorite downtown restaurants and then we walked to Bank Street...a restaurant with a very large outdoor area where we got a couch and some chairs and spent the rest of the day being joined by some of my grand children and various friends. Fast forward a year and a month and I was taking my daughter downtown to celebrate her recent birthday. We again chose a favorite restaurant for lunch and then walked to Bank Street where we were lucky enough to find "our" couch area" again...and soon we were joined by grandson #2 and then my daughter's assistant and then several of my daughter's clients. We ended up doing exactly what we had done a year ago...sitting and visiting and enjoying a glass - or two- of wine until the live music started and we began to enjoy the lights popping on and singing along. Lucky for us we had taken the golf cart downtown and we now had a designated driver in my grandson to get us home safely where we got to do presents and visit a bit with my grand daughter. I've got to say, I could get used to that fun...we'll see where next year finds us.

And as I left my daughter's house, my "grand dog" ran out to my car and we all agreed that since all of the kids had commitments that evening, Hazel wanted a sleepover at Nana's. And so, she came home with me. Hence the slow start this morning. She sleeps with me and even though she is a good sleeper, I don't sleep as well for fear of me moving and bumping her. She and I have been out a few times already and have picked up the branches, twigs and Spanish moss that came down in the storm on Thursday and, since it is so beautiful out, we are probably headed back out to finish up the weeding. But, before doing that, I got an email from Traditions. For those of you not familiar with them, they are a company that sells beautiful holiday items - many of them vintage. I follow them not only to purchase things when I see something I can't live without but also to inspire me for things I can possibly "knock off"...like many of their very expensive Bethany Lowe items that I love so much.

But, that was not the case today. As soon as I opened the email, I saw beautiful light-up Easter lanterns and fell in love with them...and then I realized that my brother and sister-in-law had given me one of the exact same ones last year for Easter. I loved it so much and it looked so fragile that I packed it back up in its packing materials when I took it down and then decided to store it somewhere a little safer than the other things. And, you guessed it. I forgot where I put it. That email reminded me of it and it didn't take me long to find it...hence, just one more little tweak!


I am off to make the most of this beautiful day. It is the epitome of the perfect spring day - as was yesterday. I know it won't last as long as I want it to so I am going to enjoy every second of it while I can. Stay safe and stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment