decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Easter Family Time

 We started the fun on Saturday at my house. Daughter #3, her family and my grandson's girl friend (Alex ) arrived early afternoon and we were off coloring eggs. I hard boiled 4 1/2 dozen eggs so there would be plenty to eat right away and then lots to keep and to share for the rest of the week - although with those two growing boys, even all 4 1/2 dozen won't last for a week! Lol

We actually made the egg dying process last a lot longer than we usually do and we had lots of good story telling and laughs along the way...there is a lot that Alex doesn't know about us yet. Hope we didn't scare her away! Lol

It was still pretty hot outside so we decided to start playing some games. Can you believe that Alex had never played Yahtzee? She caught on right away and didn't want to stop once she got the knack of it. Along the way, we just put out some snacks...no fancy table setting as we usually do. The name of the game today was laid back. Jennie brought our favorite funeral sandwiches and then I made a large veggie tray with dip and hummus and cheese and crackers. I really thought that I had over bought the veggies but, by the time they all left (after 10 PM ), every bit of the veggies, both veggie dips and almost all of the cheese had been replenished a few times and was now completely gone...as well as those yummy sandwiches. No leftovers for Nana.

We took a bit of a break and sat out by the pool just enjoying the day. The boys and their dad actually tossed around the a lacrosse ball for awhile. Then, the kids went in and made the MOST delicious bunny sugar cookies - no icing just dusted with sanding sugar before they went into the oven. As soon as they were done, we were back to the game table. The kids served the cookies and, of course, we ate them all before I even thought about getting a picture.

And then, Nana needed her traditional bunny ear pictures for whatever poor children happen to be here that year. They're really all good sports!




And, the tradition of the one brown egg lives on. This year Hudson took it upon himself to get it just right and he did a great job. His sister put it next to her chocolate bunny and it was a perfect match. Papa would be very proud!


We were going to do a late, big dinner at Jen's house on Sunday but, as the day wore on, the weather got rough, my son-in-law ( who is our head county engineer ) got called out to access some tornado damage and the boys were still out at a friend's farm celebrating a birthday...not to mention that we were all still pretty tired from our "hard" partying the day before ( lol) so we decided to take a rain check.

Even though we didn't get the whole gang together, we all communicated and since we were just together a few weeks ago and will be again in another few, we were good. I hope everyone had a beautiful Easter - I did - and now it is time to think about spring.

Normally I would be doing the swap out as I write but, I have my grand dog here again for a number of days. My daughter has a HUGE whole house install this week and poor Hazel would have been left alone for way more hours than usual so she asked to come stay where Nana could spoil her some more. She is like my little shadow and, even though I actually decorated for Easter with her here...and following me every step of the way...I decided I would wait a few more days. Easter to spring is a pretty simple swap out as a lot of the stuff stays right where it is and, the time between spring and the 4th of July swap is about 6 weeks so I am really not in a big hurry. That doesn't mean that I haven't started to think about it. I have...and I will be back to share soon. Stay safe and stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment