decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Hello Spring

I bet that those of you who know me were just wondering how long it would take me to get back on with this. Once I saw that picture and those colors, I couldn't wait so, out came my trusty miter saw, old fence slats were cut and put together and the fun began.


I used acrylic paint and "blotched" on areas of green, spring green and purple. When that was dry, I painted it all with a coat of white chalk paint.



While that was drying, I used the water around the paper edge to moisten and "feather" the edges. I just think it looks better with the softened edge when it is glued on.


At this point, I sanded around the edges of the board. I didn't get as much of the background colors showing as I had hoped for so I dry brushed on more color and then knocked it down a bit by sanding again.


 From here it is a simple matter of ModPodging on the print. This is where I usually go around the edges of the print with my antique wax but, I didn't do that this time because the print is so fresh and clean looking. But, as I posted these pictures, I am second guessing myself. I realize that the stems of the flowers in the jar are the exact color of my wax so, the darkened edges would have fit in and made sense...I would not be introducing a new color. I'm on the fence about that one. I like it the way it is but I also like the distressing around the edges.

I'm also not sure where this will land. I like it out in the sunroom but I also like it propped on the dining room table. I'm also not sure which color flowers I like it with the most. I guess I will live with it a bit before making my decision.



And yep, decision made. I couldn't live without that tiny little bit of antique wax around the perimeter. I think it helps define the edge and actually relates perfectly to the brown stems in the picture. Do you think I might just be reading too much into something so silly? Lol In any case, there you have it. Stay safe and stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment