decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Spring Still Hasn't Sprung!

I can't believe I am saying it but, my house is still decorated for Easter...except the porch. I just haven't been motivated to get going on it. I am beginning to think that, even though spring is my second favorite season, my spring decor just seems like another version of Easter - just a little sadder because the fun stuff is removed. It isn't a big swap out at all so you would think that I would be anxious to do it but, I'm not. I did just write a long list of to-dos...with this being number 1 so it will now probably happen because nothing gives me greater joy in life than crossing things off of that list - well, almost nothing. Lol


Even the spring door hanger doesn't move me. Of all of the ones I made, this is my least favorite. Poor spring. I must be giving it a complex. Lol

Yesterday I was off to an award ceremony for Trinity Catholic H.S. We knew we were invited so that meant that my grandson, who is a junior there, would be getting an award although we didn't know what. We were beyond proud and thrilled for him as he is truly just an all around good kid. He not only received one award, he received two...which is pretty amazing as they only give one outstanding student award per class and subject. Har received Outstanding Junior for AP math and history.


After the ceremony, we headed downtown to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner and then right next door to check out the crazy new candy store.


We were missing my other grandson but still managed to have a fun evening. Lol

That's it for today. Hopefully next time I'm back I will be ready to share my spring decor...after all, it IS on the list. For now, I'm off to sit in my favorite chair and take in the beautiful scents of the hyacinth and lilac candle and catch up on a movie or two.

Stay safe and stay tuned.







No comments:

Post a Comment