decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Tempus Fugit!

 We only have a little over a week until St. Patrick's Day will be here so I thought today might be a good time to finish our tour. I have a few obligations the rest of the week and then, next week, I will be dog sitting my sweet Golden grand, Hazel, while daughter #3 and family are skiing in Park City for spring break. Since March 17 falls during the week they're gone, I guess it will just be Hazel and me celebrating. Let's catch the sunroom and then just a quick peek at the bathrooms.

If you look outside in this picture, you can see the freeze-burned leaves on this sky vine that umbrella-ed the pergola. What a mess it was getting all of the dead vines and leaves untangled from the structure and then what a bigger mess it was getting it all raked up and out of here. I checked on it yesterday and, just as spring promises new growth, shoots are already popping out everywhere. I do wish I could have covered the entire vine to save its leaves and beautiful blooms because it will be awhile before it is back to that state again, but I'm just thankful the vine itself survived and looks to be coming back strong.



This room is so long and narrow which makes it hard to photograph as well as to decorate. I had always wanted a sunroom full of windows but, be careful what you wish for. As much as I love this room, two entire walls of windows does present a decorating dilemma. The glare is bad at certain times of the day and, unfortunately, the only place for a TV is on the wall opposite the glare. I had planned to do some type of shades on these windows but, there are a LOT of windows and the cost (of the type I want) is astronomical...and so, we cope. Lol

As usual, the sunroom is pretty minimal so let's head to the guest bath and then my quick nod in the master bath.





That pretty much finishes up this year's St. Pat's tour. Since I seem to be full speed ahead on Easter, except for re-stringing the St. Pat's garland, I think I am done tweaking. I have some fun things on my calendar for the rest of the week and weekend so I will be back to share soon. Stay safe and stay tuned.







No comments:

Post a Comment