decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, March 24, 2022

Hop On In

 We are finally getting a bit more of our much needed rain today so I am inside and working on getting all of the guest rooms ready for the family this weekend. When everyone gathers, we not only need all of the guest rooms but we also need every couch and floor available in my fairly large home. The girls like to re-create when they were much younger-and smaller- and all always slept together first in the dormitory and then on the family room floor when their numbers grew too large. That is probably where they will land this time as well.

In any case, while I wait for sheets to get dry, I thought we could head into the kitchen.



I'm happy to be using these molds again. Many years ago I made beeswax shapes in them...but, for some reason, I don't have them anymore. I am kind of hoping that when I get a chance to head to HL I can grab some wax or soap and maybe make a few new things this year. We shall see. And, if not, I just like the way they look on display.

This is one of the easiest crafts I have ever done...and I think it is so cute. I found the cutting board with the ears at the Target $ Spot a few years ago and just painted on the "Rae Dunn" words.


And this is where this little cutie landed.

I put the new "crackle" bunny up on the top shelf . I'm thinking that when I get a few minutes I might try to put her on some kind of a pedestal so she stands a bit straighter but for now, she has found a home.





The new decoupaged bucket holds my canna lily.

And, that would be it for the kitchen except, as those of you who know me have already probably guessed, the crackle bunny just leaning in the corner was driving me crazy. And so, cleaning the guest rooms was put on hold while I did a quick fix-it job. I used a wood block that I already had but, because it was painted with a glossy black finish, it did not take well to the antique wax coat that I added so it would match the bunny...and, consequently, the crackle isn't great. But, that being said, because it is just the base, it isn't bothering me...for now. I have already thought that if it ever starts to bother me, I could add some green straw grass...we shall see. Lol

Of course, once I got to this point...and not before I got to this point, I started to think about the new height I had just given my bunny. And, it was at this point that I realized that it would no longer fit on the top shelf where I wanted it. Yes, I can move the shelves but, that is just too much work for such a short time so I settled on a compromise. It put it on the bottom shelf and moved the other bunnies up a level. We'll see how long this lasts.

Looking at it a little closer, I actually think I like it. Yay! I am SO not easy to live with. Ha-ha!

That is the kitchen for this year. I probably won't be back until my birthday bash is officially over...finally. And when I come back, I hope to have lots of pictures to share. I am going to try to get everyone to let me take lots of pictures this time because with the way the family is changing and moving on (graduations, new jobs, new schools, etc) getting us all in one place will only get harder and harder. (insert sob!) Stay safe and stay tuned.






No comments:

Post a Comment