decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, March 5, 2022

Making a Jump

 The normal order of our tour is to head into the sunroom after the dining room because they open on to each other. But, today, we are going to head into the family room instead.


Usually you don't get to see this TV unit with the doors closed because one of the hinges on one of those very large and heavy doors is broken and I'm afraid it will totally fall off as I swing the door out to close it. But, today, I just got tired of looking at that TV and everything that goes along with it so I got brave and gave it a try. We're both still alive after closing and opening again so I guess all is well.


This year I didn't put up the banner of vintage postcards and the shamrock lights that usually hang here. They just suddenly seemed too busy and I thought I was liking it like this until I strolled through HL the other day. I'll show you the update at the end. Lol






So clean and uncluttered didn't last very long. I saw this felted chain and had to have it. Those of you that know me can probably tell already that the asymmetry of this piece is driving me crazy. I couldn't tell that by the way it was packaged or I may not have bought it but you must also know that the first time I have a few minutes, I will be restringing that chain and half of those balls hanging on the one side will be going to the other...and, if I remember correctly, there just might be one extra to get tossed.


 So that is the familyroom for this year...so far. As usually happens, my mind has already begun to travel to the next decor-Easter-and I am getting ready. As well as the things I have made, I picked up a few things I saw the other day. I'm not sure how any of them will fit in but, I will probably have the "carrots" back in the familyroom this year so the carrot patch sign, painted carrot sign and the carrot patch pillow will all probably go in there. I will just have to see where there is room for the others...or, as I usually do, make room for the others one way or another.


I thought I would give you an update on the latest shamrock plant. It doesn't have all that many nice clovers yet but it is beginning to bloom.


I am off to go pick up grand daughter #5. Her brother has another lacrosse game today and since her mom (daughter #3) is in NYC with daughter #1 and her dad (my SIL) is out at the school already getting booster stuff done, I am in charge of  getting the rest of us there. Looks like it will be a pretty hot game...literally...as the temperature is supposed to be about 84 degrees at start time! And, of course, all of my Trinity Celtic colored clothes are long sleeved and thick because they were all bought for football games. This is the first year the school has had lacrosse back for awhile so, with the weather we are having these days and probably both boys playing next year, I had better get out and see what else I can find.

I have a few days of leaf raking ahead of me but I will be back. Stay safe and stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment