decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Hippity Hoppity

 Our weather is absolutely beautiful. It actually feels like spring. I have all of my windows open and have been doing a lot of little things around the house while I wait for daughter #3 and her handyman to arrive. This coming weekend is my "whole family" birthday bash. Everyone is coming into town and besides helping me celebrate one last time, they are offering muscle and helping hands. They have told me to make a list of everything I would like done and we will see how much of it we can get accomplished. I think I can come up with more than enough to keep everyone busy. Lol 

The number one item on the list is the repair of my large gate and a number of posts on my privacy fence. We had this fence built about 35 years ago. It was a custom fence and it has "worn" well but, eventually wood is going to succumb to the elements and I think that is what is happening. The posts won't be too bad to replace but the large gate is going to be a doozy so my daughter decided to just bring over the handyman who works for her and see if he can't get it done more quickly and efficiently leaving us all free to tackle smaller projects. We shall see what he says. In the meantime, I have a bit of free time so I thought I would start our Easter 2022 tour. Come on along. The porch is still in need of some spring color via some new plants but I just haven't made it to the garden shop yet.




I decided to just use the tin tray with the bunny, flowers and glittered eggs again this year. I like it and it kind of sets the theme for the living room which is pretty much natural elements and green and purple with just a bit of the other Easter colors scattered throughout. Even in the spring, pastels are not my favorite.




Here is where the bunny candle stick arrangement ended up.



Many years ago I made and sold scherenscnitte designs at a local craft co-op. This bunny is one of only two Easter pictures I still have left.

I love the little felted bunny gifted to me by my cousin. The egg garland is actually the first beaded garland I made. The technique was a departure for me and it still isn't the favorite thing I've ever done but I like it here.



And here is where the decoupaged bunny sign landed. I love it here because it reminds me of the bunny in the cloche that I bought many, many years ago in a favorite decor shop.

So that is it for the living room...for now. I actually haven't really been out and about looking at what's new out there so, this might be subject to change if I ever do get out. I think I'll go see what else I might add to my to-do list...don't want to disappoint my willing labor. Lol Stay safe and stay tuned.







No comments:

Post a Comment