decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, March 28, 2022

Happy Birthday to Me!!

 It is finally over! I have once again managed to stretch my birthday into an almost birth month. This past weekend was the first time our entire gang could gather since my "real" birthday so, even though my local family did that day up special for me, this weekend was far beyond anything I could have ever wished for.

I have told you before that I have a fairly large home on almost 3/4 of an acre. I have lots of HUGE oak trees that are a blessing and a curse at the same time. Their shade is definitely welcome in our Florida sun but the amount of leaves that they drop on the yard and roof/gutters is astronomical! And, the guy that cuts my lawn doesn't ever vacuum they up. He just rides his mower so that they accumulate around the base of the trees and against my fence, I try to keep them away from the fence because they rot the slats but it is a never ending battle. And then, as all home owners know, there is always a to-do list waiting. I can do most of them but, as I get older, there are beginning to be a few that require more strength than I have. And, I am pretty stubborn and don't really like to ask for help but, this year I told everyone that all I really wanted for Christmas and my birthday was a day of labor. Of course, I was kind of disappointed when no one listened to that when I received presents for both occasions...until they told me that they would all be here this weekend as well so to get my list ready!

I don't think I can really relay in words just how much 16 sets of hands can accomplish on two beautiful spring days. You really need to be here to see it but, I think every leaf on my property was raked and bagged, the field behind my 308' of fence was cleared back about 10 ', trees were taken down, the roof and all gutters were cleaned, the drive and walk ways were pressure cleaned, my new rain chain was hung, my pergola was "beefed up", new mulch was spread in every garden and every bit of my privacy fence and gates were repaired or rebuilt...and, I'm probably forgetting other things. It is truly overwhelming what was accomplished and I am humbled by the amount of time and energy everyone was willing to give to me!

And, as if that wasn't gift enough, they arranged a blow out Chinese dinner (my favorite) for us followed by the cake celebration...and, in true Ravn fashion, they brought two cakes...my favorite coconut cake from Wright's Gourmet Deli in Tampa and then a traditional cake for everyone else. The joke is that I am not a good sharer but with all the love that was shown to me this weekend, I could have been convinced. Lol

Grand daughter #5 made sure my throne and crown were both appropriately adjusted.


And then the cake that lit the world was delivered...and they didn't even put on anywhere near the right amount of candles!



And, even though everyone had been working all day they were sweet enough to know how much pictures mean to Nana. Even though we could have done more, I love the ones we got! I have one other son-in-law that wasn't here for pictures but we'll get him next time.




Can't forget my favorite irises and tulips.


Here's to the next 75!

So, the celebrating is over and I am trying to get back into my normal routine. With so many of my chores done for me, I'm not sure what I will be up to next but I will definitely be back to show you more of Easter 2022. Stay safe and stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment